Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Ryan breaking his mommy's heart and other things

I don't know if any other moms had this fear when they brought home their second child, but I was afraid that Ryan wouldn't want to be here anymore because of his new baby brother. Ryan absolutely broke my heart on Sunday when he came home from am-ma, papa, Bernies house. He stood at the door and cried hysterically for about a half an hour. Everytime I thought I had him settled down, Aaron would make a noise and it started all over again. Daddy seemed to think it was funny, but mommy's heart was breaking. Ok, so I'm probably just extra hormonal, but at one point I cried right along with him! He did something similar on Tues when he came home from school, but it wasn't quite as bad, it was more of a "I want to be outside" tantrum, which I can handle :) Here's a picture of him holding onto his coat and hood for dear life!


Aunt Jill also made a suprise visit home to see the family! It worked out well having her here because she was able to spend lots of time with Ryan and help in the transition. She even came over one day so I could take a nap! It was wonderful! Thanks Aunt Jill! Here's a picture of her holding her newest nephew.



On Monday, Nov. 17th, Aaron had a MD appt to meet his new MD. He weighed in at 8 lbs 14 oz which means he would have gained 13 oz in 3 days! His MD made us weigh him again because she didn't believe it! She still thinks that their scale was off, but I'm not so sure...he is a piggy just like his brother and will probably gain weight very quickly! Otherwise he is healthy and has "good coloring" for a newborn. We go back next week for a 2 week check-up and Ryan will have a 3 yr check-up at the same time...that ought to be a fun trip! I'll have to call in the reinforcements for help on that one!

No comments: