Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Summertime!!!

We have had a super busy summer!  I have neglected to post pictures on here, probably because I have done so on facebook, and I was attempting to make a video of pictures from the summer so you could get an idea.  I haven't been able to figure out how to do it, so I will just try and post as many of my favorites as I can!  Our summer started out late because Paul had to go until the 2nd week of June d/t starting late.  Then I only had two weeks off this summer since I am teaching at the collegiate level.  We decided to make the most of the two weeks and go to Florida and then straight to Myrtle Beach.  We were gone for a total of 16 days and NO ONE died or went insane during our long trip across the Eastern United States!  Although there were times I felt like I was! 

The most memorable event of the trip had to be on the way to Florida when Aaron vomited all over the car, car seat, snoopy, etc.  It was in Knoxville TN and we ended up throwing away the car seat in a McDonald's dumpster.  I refused to smell vomit for the next two weeks!  We were close to a Target and I was able to get everything we needed to continue on!  We spent the night in GA and then continued onto Orlando.  Our condo was VERY nice, but were stressed out the first night because they had Tornado warnings for our area and no one seemed to care or to tell us what to do!  When Paul asked the main desk they just said they don't take them seriously, only when they are hurricane warnings!  Luckily there were not any tornados sighted that we know of!  We spent a day in Tampa seeing some of Paul's extended family, spent a day a downtown Disney with Grandma/Papa Sadler (who where visiting the relatives), a day at Animal Kingdom, a day at Magic Kingdom and a couple of days of rest for this pregnant mama!  Here are just a couple of pictures from Disney!






No comments: