Thursday, June 9, 2011

Riding a bike without training wheels??

Ryan decided to be VERY brave and insisted on taking his training wheels off of his bike.  This was back on May 22nd.  Here are some pictures of his very valient attempt at riding his bike like a big boy.  Unfortunately he has the balance capabilities of his parents and after a couple of weeks trying, decided to wait a while longer before trying again.  After making this decision he came up to me and said, "Mommy, I am sorry I can't ride my bike like a big boy"  I told him that I was very proud of him because at least he tried and gave him a big hug!  My boy is already a perfectionist and will just have to learn that as long as you try, that is ultimately all that matters!  It is humbling the lessons he has to learn already!  He is getting so big!!!
Taking the training wheels off

Just starting to get the feel on the grass

After a good start, the first wipeout...at least it was on grass!

Now we have protective gear on and ready to try it on the driveway!



Look at that concentration!


No comments: